-21-24 standard lip balm tubes or 6-1 oz tins -a small digital kitchen scale, optional -small pot or double boiler
- 2 oz. (approx. 2 tbsp.) olive , sunflower, or sweet almond oil
- 2 oz. (approx. 2 tbsp.) coconut oil
- 1 oz. (approx. 1 tbsp.) shea butter
- 4 tsp. beeswax
- In a small pot – or double boiler – over low heat melt the oils, shea butter, and beeswax. Stir continuously until all is melted and well blended.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes and/or tins.
- Let them cool on the counter until hard.
- Cap and label.
- Keep away from extreme heat.
- Use within 1-2 years.
*This recipe will make enough to fill approximately 21-24 standard lip balm tubes or 6-1 oz. tins.
Harsh weather conditions (extreme heat or cold) can cause your cat or dog to get dry/cracked paws. This paw wax recipe is perfect for the paws and should be applied liberally, as needed for prevention or treatment.
Perfect to apply before your dog or cat:
- is exposed to hot pavement (while running/walking with you)
- walks on snow and/or ice
- goes hiking with you
- hunts in rugged terrain
-For additional protective benefits add 20 drops of vitamin E oil.
-To increase the healing properties of this wax, the coconut and olive/almond oils can be infused with skin-loving herbs such as: calendula, lavender, rose petals, chickweed, comfrey root, and/or marshmallow root.